With a 1.6 GHz dual-core ARM processor, 512MB DDR3 RAM memory, and 128MB Flash memory, the WRT1900ACS Dual-Band Wireless-AC1900 Gigabit Router from Linksys is a dual band router with the processing power to handle multiple data streams simultaneously. Take advantage of enhanced wireless network functionality as the WRT1900AC supports wireless 802.11a/b/g/n/ac networking standards and functions on both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies. With simultaneous dual-band connectivity you benefit from data transfer rates up to 1.9 Gbps, which is perfect for streaming HD content, online gaming, and more.
The WRT1900ACS router features four detachable external antennas, four Gigabit Ethernet ports, one eSATA port, one USB 2.0 port, and one USB 3.0 port. The four upgradable antennas provide expansive wireless networking connectivity while the four Gigabit Ethernet ports ensure a fast, reliable, wired networking option. Additionally, the integrated eSATA port, USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports make it simple to attach peripherals such as external hard drives.
For enhanced networking functionality the WRT1900ACS comes equipped with Smart Wi-Fi software giving you the ability to monitor nearly every aspect of your network. Whether on a PC or mobile device you can monitor your network, set parental controls, restrict network access, and more. This router is also open-source ready giving advanced users the ability to modify the router including the option to take advantage of available open source firmware.
- Enhanced Performance
- With an advanced 1.6 GHz dual-core CPU and 512MB of RAM, the WRT1900ACS delivers improvements in wired, wireless, and network storage performance over its predecessor, the WRT1900AC. At speeds up to N600 + AC1300 Mbps, the WRT1900ACS meets the needs of demanding home Wi-Fi networks. Equipped with a four-antenna configuration, the router provides exceptional signal strength and range. Advanced users also have the option of modifying the router with open source firmware.
- Advanced 1.6 GHz Dual-Core Processor
- With a professional-grade 1.6 GHz dual-core ARM processor, the WRT1900ACS delivers faster throughput speeds and easily handles multiple data streams simultaneously. The result: better performance, particularly in today’s multi-device homes.
- 512 MB of RAM for Improved Data Transfers
- The WRT1900ACS comes equipped with 512 MB of RAM that works in tandem with the 1.6 GHz CPU to move movies, music, and other large files faster. With more than double the memory of its predecessor, the WRT1900ACS improves data transfer speeds, allowing you to do more, faster.
- USB 3.0, eSATA, & Gigabit Ethernet Ports
- The WRT1900ACS has four Gigabit Ethernet ports that are perfect for transferring large media libraries at speeds 10X faster than Fast Ethernet. To stream or send large files across your network at high speed, simply connect a flash drive to the USB 3.0 port or an external SATA storage device to the eSATA port. The eSATA port also serves as a USB 2.0 port.
- Four External Antennas for Greater Range & Coverage
- The WRT1900ACS features four external, adjustable high-performance antennas that provide strong, reliable coverage throughout your home. The unique antenna diversity technology onboard helps your laptop, tablet, smartphone, and other connected devices achieve an optimal connection, wherever they are in your home. The antennas also enhance coverage for both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands, keeping everyone gaming, downloading, and streaming without lag.
- Beamforming for Stronger more Focused Wi-Fi Connections
- Designed especially for today’s mobile-device households, the WRT1900ACS features Beamforming technology, which focuses wireless signals at a receiving device rather than simply sending out Wi-Fi in a general direction.
- Open Source Ready
- While the Linksys WRT1900ACS provides an outstanding experience via Smart Wi-Fi immediately out of the box, advanced users can further modify the router with open source firmware. Developed for use with OpenWRT, an open source, Linux-based operating system, the router offers an additional layer of customization to suit your needs.
- Linksys Smart Wi-Fi
- Linksys Smart Wi-Fi lets you access your network anytime, anywhere. Using your browser or the Smart Wi-Fi mobile app, you can:
• Prioritize devices or websites for video streaming and online gaming
• Control inappropriate or distracting content
• Monitor network activity and speed
• Turn Wi-Fi access on or off for any connected device
• Create a separate, password-protected guest network