With the WRT1200AC Dual-Band Wireless AC1200 Gigabit Router from Linksys you can take advantage of dual-band connectivity with support for both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz operating frequencies. This dual-band functionality allows you to allocate more data intensive tasks such as streaming multimedia content, downloading large files, and more to the faster, less congested 5 GHz frequency. The WRT1200AC also supports the 802.11ac networking standard supporting enhanced Wi-Fi data transfer rates of up to 1267 Mbps. On the outside of the router you will find two adjustable antennas supporting Beamforming technology designed to beam the Wi-Fi signal directly to your device for a stronger, more reliable connection.
If a wired connection is what you need, the WRT1200AC comes equipped with four Gigabit Ethernet ports capable of handling devices such as smart TVs, computers, games consoles, and more. In addition to Ethernet connectivity, you can also plug in USB storage devices and printers to either the USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 ports. Inside the router is a 1.3 GHz dual-core processor made to act as the backbone of your network to ensure your data continues to flow smoothly. Linksys has also included open source compatibility making it easy to modify the router with open source firmware.
- Engineered for Ultimate Performance
- Built on the foundation of the original WRT’s open-source heritage, the Linksys WRT1200AC delivers enhanced network performance for the most demanding users. The WRT1200AC features two external antennas, a powerful 1.3 GHz dual-core ARM, and Wireless-AC to provide high-speed Wi-Fi connections with improved range.
- USB 3.0, eSATA, & Gigabit Ethernet Ports
- The WRT1200AC is equipped with four Gigabit Ethernet ports featuring speeds up to 10 times faster than Fast Ethernet. Using the USB 3.0 port, you can add external storage devices to share content across your network, or a printer for the office. For those with an external SATA storage device, the WRT1200AC is outfitted with an eSATA port for convenience and optimal data transfer rates. This port can also serve as a USB 2.0 port.
- Dual-Band Antennas and Beamforming for Professional Grade Coverage
- To provide fast, reliable Wi-Fi coverage throughout your home or office, the WRT1200AC features two high-performance antennas engineered to enhance 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz dual-band wireless connections. With adjustable antennas and Beamforming technology delivering a focused signal to individual devices, you’ll experience faster network speeds, better range, and reduced interference from other devices for strong, stable Wi-Fi connections.
- Fast 1.3 GHz Dual-Core Processor
- With a professional-grade, 1.3 GHz dual-core ARM processor, the WRT1200AC is a fast Wireless-AC router. Unlike standard single-core processors which have to switch between data streams and aren’t as suited for multitasking, a dual-core processor can handle multiple data streams simultaneously. The result: better efficiency and performance, particularly in today’s multi-device world
- Open Source Ready
- While the Linksys WRT1200AC provides an enhanced experience via Smart Wi-Fi immediately out of the box, advanced users can further modify the router with open source firmware. Developed for use with OpenWRT, an open source, Linux-based operating system, the router offers an additional layer of customization to suit your needs.
- Linksys Smart Wi-Fi
- Linksys Smart Wi-Fi lets you access your network anytime, anywhere. Using your browser or the Smart Wi-Fi mobile app, you can:
• Prioritize devices or websites for video streaming and online gaming
• Control inappropriate or distracting content
• Monitor network activity and speed
• Turn Wi-Fi access on or off for any connected device
• Create a separate, password-protected guest network
For even greater control, download one of the many Wi-Fi management apps compatible with your Smart Wi-Fi router.