Discretely install the UniFi nanoHD 4×4 MU-MIMO 802.11ac Wave-2 Access Point from Ubiquiti Networks into nearly any building environment, thanks to the optional skins which come in a variety of designs including camouflage, concrete, marble, wood, black and fabric. This Ubiquiti Networks AP also comes equipped with a single Gigabit Ethernet 802.3af PoE-compliant network port and includes mounting kits for easy installation to either the wall or ceiling.
Regardless of the design you choose, this AP provides enhanced network connectivity with support for the 802.11ac Wave-2 networking standard supporting data transfer rates of up to 1733 Mb/s. Additionally, the nanoHD access point operates on both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies along with built-in MU-MIMO technology providing multiple pathways to the network to help alleviate congestion.
As with many other Ubiquiti Networks components, the nanoHD supports the intuitive UniFi Controller Software allowing network administrators to manage the network using tools like detailed analytics, wireless uplink capabilities, guest portal/hotspot support, and more all of which can be accessed via the detailed user dashboard.
- Save Money and Save Time
- UniFi comes bundled with a non-dedicated software controller that can be deployed on an on-site PC, Mac, or Linux machine; in a private cloud; or using a public cloud service. You also have the option of deploying the compact UniFi Cloud Key with built-in software.
- Powerful Hardware
- The UniFi nanoHD AP features Wi-Fi 802.11ac Wave 2 MU-MIMO technology.
- Intuitive UniFi Controller Software
- Configure and manage your APs with the easy-to-learn user interface.
- Build wireless networks as big or small as needed. Start with one (or upgrade to a five-pack) and expand to thousands while maintaining a single unified management system.
- Extend Your Coverage
- With the UniFi Controller software running in a NOC or in the cloud, administrators can manage multiple sites: multiple, distributed deployments, and multi-tenancy for managed service providers.
- UniFi Controller
- Use the UniFi Controller to provision thousands of UniFi APs, map out networks, quickly manage system traffic, and provision additional UniFi APs.
View Your RF Environment
Use the RF environment functionality of the UniFi nanoHD AP to detect and troubleshoot nearby interference, analyze radio frequencies, choose optimal AP placement, and configure settings.
Powerful RF Performance Features
Advanced RF performance and configuration features include spectral analysis, airtime fairness, and band steering.
Use the configurable reporting and analytics to manage large user populations and expedite troubleshooting.
Wireless Uplink functionality enables wireless connectivity between APs for extended range. One wired UniFi AP uplink supports up to four wireless downlinks on a single operating band, allowing wireless adoption of devices in their default state and real-time changes to network topology.
Guest Portal/Hotspot Support
Easy customization and options for Guest Portals include authentication, Hotspot setup, and the ability to use your own external portal server. Use UniFi’s rate limiting for your Guest Portal/Hotspot package offerings. Apply different bandwidth rates (download/upload), limit total data usage, and limit duration of use.
All UniFi APs include hotspot functionality:
- Built-in support for billing integration using major credit cards.
- Built-in support for voucher-based authentication.
- Built-in Hotspot Manager for voucher creation, guest management, and payment refunds.
- Full customization and branding of hotspot portal pages.
A single UniFi Controller running in the cloud can manage multiple sites: multiple, distributed deployments and multi-tenancy for managed service providers. Each site is logically separated and has its own configuration, maps, statistics, guest portal, and administrator read/write and read-only accounts.
The UniFi Controller can manage flexible configurations of large deployments. Create multiple WLAN groups and assign them to an AP’s radio. Each WLAN can be VLAN tagged. Dynamic VLAN tagging per Wi-Fi station (or RADIUS VLAN) is also supported.
Monitor UniFi APs and analyze the surrounding RF environment.
UniFi displays the client types for a specific time period.
UniFi Mobile App
Manage your UniFi devices from your smartphone or tablet.
- 802.11ac Technology
- Initial 802.11ac Wave 1 SU-MIMO (Single-User, Multiple Input, Multiple Output) technology allows an earlier-generation AP, such as the UniFi AC Pro AP, to communicate with only one client at a time.
802.11ac Wave 2 MU-MIMO (Multi-User, Multiple Input, Multiple Output) technology allows a Wave 2 AP, such as the UniFi nanoHD AP, to communicate with multiple clients at the same time, significantly increasing multiuser throughput and overall user experience.
- High-Density Scenarios
- For high-density environments, such as a theater where there are numerous clients in a relatively small space, we recommend the UniFi nanoHD AP when a minimal footprint is also required.
Both Wave 1 and Wave 2 APs offer 28 independent (non-overlapping) channels: three for the 2.4 GHz band and twenty-five for the 5 GHz band, including DFS channels.
When you use the 2.4 GHz band in a high-density location, you encounter self-interference and channel saturation. When you use the 5 GHz band, you can deploy smaller cells (coverage areas), so you can support more clients in any cell that deploys more than one AP.
With the advantages of MU-MIMO technology and 4×4 spatial streams, the UniFi nanoHD AP can support more than triple the number of users than a typical Wave 1 AP.
- Hardware Overview
- Deploy the UniFi nanoHD AP in high-density environments requiring maximum wireless performance and minimal footprint. The UniFi nanoHD AP features simultaneous, dual-band, 4×4 MU-MIMO technology, and convenient 802.3af PoE compatibility.
The UniFi nanoHD AP’s low-profile ceiling mount (sold separately) allows you to seamlessly integrate the AP into its environment.
Compact Form Factor
The compact design delivers a cost-effective combination of value and performance.
The unique LED provisioning ring provides administrator location tracking and alerts for each device.
Power over Ethernet (PoE) Standard
The UniFi nanoHD AP can be powered by an 802.3af PoE compliant switch. Ubiquiti recommends powering your UniFi devices with a UniFi PoE Switch (sold separately). The UniFi nanoHD AP is compatible with all UniFi PoE Switches and 48V adapters.
Superior Processing Power
The UniFi nanoHD AP is capable of complex operations (guest control, filtering, and other resource-intensive tasks) that may slow down a lesser-equipped AP.
- Designed for Seamless Integration
- Optional skins (sold separately) allow the UniFi nanoHD AP to discreetly blend into its setting.