The SF300-24PP 24-Port 10/100 Gigabit PoE Managed Switch from Cisco delivers the features you need to improve the availability of your critical business applications, protect sensitive data and optimize network bandwidth to deliver information and applications more effectively. It provides a reliable foundation for your business network. The Cisco SG300-24PP is easy to set up and use and it provides a suitable combination of affordability and capabilities for small businesses and helps you create an efficient and an optimal connected workforce.
The Cisco SG300-24PP has the advanced security management capabilities and network features you need to support business-class data, voice, security and wireless technologies. At the same time, it is simple to deploy and configure, allowing you to take advantage of the managed network service your business requires.
- Secure Desktop Connectivity
- The Cisco SG300 switch can simply and securely connect employees working in small offices with each other and with all of the servers, printers and other devices they use. High performance and reliable connectivity helps speed file transfers and data processing, improves network uptime and keeps your employees connected and productive.
- Secure Connectivity
- Power over Ethernet, Auto Smartports, QoS, VLAN and Access Control features, the Cisco 300 Series Switches that add Business Grade wireless to an SMB network.
- Unified Communications
- As a managed network solution, the Cisco SG300 switch provides the performance and advanced traffic-handling intelligence you need to deliver all communications and data over a single network. The Cisco SG300 is tested to help ensure easy integration and full compatibility with Cisco and other products, providing a complete small business solution.
- Secure Guest Connectivity
- The Cisco SG300 switch lets you extend highly secure network connectivity to guests in a variety of settings, such as a hotel, an office waiting room or any other area open to non-employee users. Using powerful but easy-to-configure security and traffic segmentation capabilities, you can isolate your vital business traffic from guest services and keep guests’ network sessions private from each other.
- High performance and reliability
- The Cisco SG300 Switch is rigorously tested to deliver the high availability and performance you expect from a Cisco switch. The solution speeds up file transfer times and improves slow, sluggish networks, while keeping your vital business applications available and preventing costly downtime. As a managed switching solution, the Cisco SG300 also gives you the flexibility to manage and prioritize high-bandwidth traffic such as voice. That means you can empower your employees with state-of-the-art communication and productivity solutions, without draining the performance of your other business applications.
- User-Friendly Setup and Configuration
- The Cisco SG300 switch is designed to be easy to use and managed by small businesses and the partners who serve them. The included device manager software provides an intuitive, web-based interface to simplify setup, security and quality of service (QoS) traffic prioritization, allowing even users without IT expertise to configure the switch in minutes. It also provides a Cisco FindIT Network Discovery Utility. This utility works through a simple toolbar on the user’s web browser to discover Cisco devices in the network and display basic information, such as serial numbers and IP addresses, to aid in the configuration and deployment of Cisco Small Business products. The switch uses Cisco Discovery Protocol as well as Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP-MED) to automatically detect all the devices connected to your network and then automatically configures them for the appropriate connectivity and instructs the devices to use appropriate voice VLAN or QoS parameters. For more advanced capabilities and hands-on control, the switch supports Smartport roles which configure the ports with specific levels of Security, QoS and availability according to the type of connected device, based on Cisco best practices and pretested configurations. The Auto Smartports feature applies the intelligence delivered through the Smartport roles and applies it automatically to the port based on the devices discovered over CDP or LLDP-MED. This facilitates zero touch deployments. Although the Cisco SG300 is designed to be deployed without using a command-line interface, Cisco Textview is available for those who prefer to use text-based configuration. Together, these features reduce the time your staff must devote to network deployment, management and troubleshooting.
- Strong Security
- The Cisco SG300 switch provides a high level of security and gives you fine-grained control to safeguard your network from unauthorized users. Its features include: Embedded security to protect management data traveling to and from the switch and encrypt network communications.
Extensive access control lists to restrict sensitive portions of the network from unauthorized users and guard against network attacks.
Guest virtual LANs let you provide Internet connectivity to non-employee users while isolating critical business services from guest traffic.
Support for advanced network security applications such as IEEE 802.1X port security to tightly limit access to specific segments of your network.
Security mechanisms such as Bridge Protocol Data Unit Guard and broadcast/multicast/unknown unicast storm control, protect the network from invalid configurations or malicious intent.
Secure Core Technology helps ensure that the switch will receive and process management and protocol traffic no matter how much traffic is received.
- Power over Ethernet
- The Cisco SF300 switch features 24 PoE ports of fast Ethernet. This capability simplifies advanced technology deployments such as IP telephony, wireless and IP surveillance by allowing you to connect and power network endpoints over a single Ethernet cable. With no need to install separate power supplies for IP phones or wireless access points, you can take advantage of advanced communications technologies more quickly and at a lower cost.
- IP Telephony Support
- The Cisco SG300 switch includes embedded QoS intelligence to prioritize delay-sensitive services such as voice and video, simplify unified communications deployments and help ensure consistent network performance for all services. For example, automated voice VLAN capabilities let you plug any IP phone (including third-party phones) into your IP telephony network and receive an immediate dial tone. The switch automatically configures the device with the right VLAN and QoS parameters to prioritize voice traffic.
- Advanced Network Management Capabilities
- As a managed switch, the Cisco SG300 switch lets you use a variety of advanced features to control traffic over your network. Features include: Static routing/Layer 3 switching between VLANs: This capability allows you to segment your network into separate workgroups and communicate across VLANs without degrading application performance. As a result, you can manage internal routing with your switch and dedicate your router to external traffic and securities, helping your network run more efficiently.
IPv6 support: As the IP network addressing scheme evolves to accommodate more devices, you can make sure that your network is ready. The The Cisco SG300 switch provides native support for IPv6, the newest version of the Internet Protocol, as well as the previous IPv4 standard. As a result, you will be able to move up to the next generation of networking applications and operating systems without an extensive equipment upgrade.
Dual image support: With the ability to maintain dual images of your switches, you can perform software upgrades without having to take the network offline and without worrying about an outage during an upgrade.
Remote management: Using Simple Network Management Protocol, you can set up and manage all switches and other Cisco devices in your network remotely, instead of having to directly connect to them.
- Optimal Energy Efficiency
- The Cisco SG300 “green” switch designed with power-saving features optimizes power use to protect the environment and reduces energy costs, without compromising performance. Power-saving features include: The latest application-specific integrated circuits, using low-power 65-nanometer technology (these chipsets allow for lower power consumption and thinner, more efficient designs).
Automatic power shutoff on PoE ports when a link is down.
Embedded intelligence to adjust signal strength based on cable length.
Fanless design which reduces power consumption, increases reliability and provides quieter operation.
- Expansion Ports
- The Cisco SG300 switch provides more ports per Gigabit Ethernet switch than traditional switch models, giving you more flexibility to connect and empower your business. It also offers mini gigabit interface converter (mini-GBIC) expansion slots that give you the option to add fiber-optic or Gigabit Ethernet uplink connectivity to the switch. With the ability to increase the connectivity range of the switch, you have more flexibility to design your network around your unique business environment and to easily connect switch on different floors or across the business.
- The Cisco 300 Series is available in seven languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, and simplified Chinese. All product user interfaces and documentation are translated, giving you the ability to select your preferred language.
- Security and Investment Protection
- The Cisco SG300-10P switch offers the reliable performance, investment protection and peace of mind you expect from a Cisco switch. When you invest in the Cisco SG300-10P switch, you gain the benefit of:
Rigorous testing helps ensure easy integration and compatibility with other Cisco networking and communications products, including the complete Cisco Small Business portfolio.
- Service and Support
- The Cisco SG300 switch is backed by the Cisco Small Business Support Service, which provides affordable peace-of-mind coverage. This subscription-based service helps you protect your investment and derive maximum value from Cisco Small Business products. This service includes software updates, access to the Cisco Small Business Support Center, and extends technical service to three years. Cisco Small Business products are supported by professionals in Cisco Small Business Support Center locations worldwide who are specifically trained to understand your needs. The Cisco Small Business Support Community, an online forum, enables you to collaborate with your peers and reach Cisco technical experts for support information.