Transfer large files quickly, stream multimedia content, and much more with the RT-AC66U B1 Wireless-AC1750 Dual-Band Gigabit Router from ASUS. This router operates on both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies allowing more data intensive tasks to be allocated to the less congested, faster 5 GHz frequency. In addition to dual-band functionality, the RT-AC66U B1 supports 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi network standards with data transfer rates of up to 1750 Mbps. If a wired connection is needed, this ASUS router comes equipped with four Gigabit Ethernet LAN connections as well as one USB 3.0 port and one USB 2.0 port to connect USB peripherals such as external hard drives directly to the router.
Inside the ASUS RT-AC66U B1 is a dual-core processor designed to ensure this router can handle a heavy workload such as streaming multimedia content, online gaming, VoIP devices, and more with hardly any network lag. The three external antennas ensure the wireless connection can reach long distances and with built-in MIMO and beamforming technologies users benefit from multiple connections beamed directly to connected devices. Configuring and managing your ASUS router has been greatly simplified thanks to the ASUS Router App giving a network administrator the ability to manage network traffic, diagnose connection issues, and more.
- Dual-Band Connectivity
- Delivering 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz concurrent bands at up to 450 Mbps and 1300 Mbps, respectively, the RT-AC66U B1 has a total speed of up to 1750 Mbps. You can perform basic tasks like web browsing and file downloading on the 2.4 GHz band, while simultaneously allowing multiple devices to stream in HD or support online gaming and other demanding applications smoothly on the clearer 5 GHz band.
- ASUS AiMesh
- ASUS routers are designed to give you enhanced Wi-Fi coverage, and in most cases a single ASUS router will deliver smooth, reliable Wi-Fi to every part of your home. But Wi-Fi coverage can be affected by many factors: room layout, construction materials, and even furnishings. If your home has dead spots or unreliable signals, ASUS AiMesh is the answer. AiMesh is an innovative router feature that connects multiple ASUS routers to create a whole-home Wi-Fi network. It’s a powerful and flexible way to solve your Wi-Fi problems that also makes the most of your existing hardware: you can mix different ASUS router models, so when you upgrade there’s no need to throw away your old router – you can use it to expand your AiMesh network. AiMesh gives you time-saving central control over all the routers, and seamless roaming capability means you never need to switch networks. AiMesh is Wi-Fi you can rely on – for all your devices, all the time.
- Dual-Core Processors
- The ASUS RT-AC66U B1 features a dual-core processor that eliminates the performance drops that plague other routers. So even on the busiest home networks, HD video streaming is smooth, the latency low for online gaming and VoIP calls, and file downloads are uninterrupted.
- Entertainment Everywhere, On Every Device
- Exclusive ultra-sensitive receivers give improved mid- and long-range Wi-Fi signal, with high-powered amplifiers and AiRadar beamforming to deliver enhanced coverage that’s fast, reliable and stable for all your connected devices, from PCs and mobile devices to game consoles and beyond.
- USB Speed and Versatility
- USB 3.0 features data transfers up ten times faster than USB 2.0. Two USB ports make the RT-AC66U B1 perfect for file, multimedia, and 3G/4G sharing, while ASUS AiDisk offers remote access and quick content streaming. Where other routers have their USB ports sandwiched next to one another, both RT-AC66U B1 USB ports are evenly spaced for easy access to either at all times.
- ASUS Router App
- In your increasingly mobile-enabled life, having control over your network via an app is more important than ever. The new ASUS Router App is built from the ground-up to be both intuitive and robust, allowing you to setup your router, manage network traffic, diagnose connection issues and even update firmware, all without needing to boot up a PC.
- Advanced Security Gateway
- AiProtection, incorporating state-of-the-art, three-pronged security from Trend Micro, provides advanced parental controls, blocks malicious addresses and intrusions for your PC or device, and alerts you if an infected device is connected. Potential weaknesses such as password strength and operating system vulnerabilities are also monitored at all times. Moreover, AiProtection even protects Wi-Fi devices without an installable security program such as smart TVs, game consoles, and smart home devices, giving you peace of mind.