The PCE-AC56 AC1300 Dual-Band Wireless PCI-E Adapter from ASUS features a PCE Express interface allowing the adapter to be connected directly to the motherboard. This wireless adapter offers 802.11ac wireless connectivity with support for maximum data transfer rates of up to 1300 Mb/s and can operate on both the 2.4 and 5 GHz frequencies. You can also keep the network connection secure with 64-bit WEP, 128-bit WEP, WPA2-PSK, WPA-PSK, and WPS support.
- Upgrade to 802.11ac Wi-Fi
- The ASUS PCE-AC56 is an 802.11ac Wi-Fi PCI Express adapter that upgrades your desktop from Ethernet cables to 802.11ac wireless connectivity with data speeds up to 867 Mb/s. Broadcom TurboQAM technology boosts 2.4 GHz 802.11n performance from 300 Mb/s to 400 Mb/s with compatible devices. Plus, the external magnetized antenna base gives you more flexibility in adjusting antenna placement to get the best signal reception quality possible.
- The 802.11ac Wi-Fi Standard
- The PCE-AC56 uses Broadcom’s 5th generation Wi-Fi 802.11ac chipset to reach speeds of up to 867 Mb/s through the 5 GHz band, which is three times faster than 802.11n Wi-Fi. At the same time, it maintains full backward compatibility with all previous Wi-Fi protocols, providing high performance two-way transmission while ensuring a smooth transition to 802.11ac and seamless interconnection with existing devices.
- Extend and Strengthen Your Wireless Connection
- ASUS AiRadar intelligently strengthens wireless connectivity using 802.11ac beamforming technology, high power amplification, and ASUS RF fine-tuning. This ensures extended coverage, dynamic data speed increases, and enhanced stability.
- Virtually Eliminate Dead Zones
- A powerful signal-boosting high-gain design gives the PCE-AC56 improved signal transmission that extends Wi-Fi range and coverage by up to 150% compared to generic client devices. This extended coverage minimizes the possibility of dead spots at any location, offering fast and uninterrupted HD streaming and smooth multiplayer gaming throughout the home or office.
Verified by ASUS internal test. Actual performance may vary as a result of network conditions and environmental factors
- Instant Wi-Fi Upgrade
- With its PCI Express interface, the PCE-AC56 plugs into any motherboard to give your desktop an instant 802.11ac Wi-Fi upgrade, with access to speeds of up to 1.3 Gb/s. As it connects directly to the motherboard, there are no messy cables to clutter your computing environment, and no dedicated power supply is required.
- Improved Stability
- The added heatsink uses highly-conductive aluminum to remove heat from the chipset, ensuring greater reliability for non-stop operation. Lower temperatures translate into a more stable device in all climate conditions, even during hot summers, and greater stability means more consistent connectivity and longer product lifespan.