With dual-band connectivity and MU-MIMO (multi-user MIMO) capabilities, the E8350 AC2400 Dual-Band Gigabit Wi-Fi Router from Linksys can handle multiple tasks such as online gaming, transferring of large files, and more all at the same time. Four detachable external antennas support a 4×4 data stream configuration while integrated beamforming technology directs the signal right at connected devices.
Once connected, you can leverage the power of this router’s 1.4 GHz dual-core processor and 512MB of DDR3 RAM to obtain a maximum wireless data transfer rate of 2.33 Gbps. Should you opt for a wired connection, the E8350 comes equipped with four Gigabit LAN and one Gigabit WAN ports along with one USB 3.0 and one USB 2.0/eSATA combo port. The USB ports found on the back of the router allow you to take advantage of the router’s integrated media server functionality making it easy to stream multimedia content from a connected USB device to compatible devices throughout the network.
- Wireless-AC Technology
- Unlike traditional routers that deliver two or three data streams, the AC2400 uses 4×4 AC technology to deliver four simultaneous, independent streams of data at speeds up to 2.33 Gbps. Ideal for streaming HD videos or playing online games, the AC2400 Wireless-AC Router delivers enhanced data speeds and virtually uninterrupted connectivity. As a result, you can enjoy online gaming and video streaming without annoying lag or buffering.
Using the Wireless-AC standard, the AC2400 also delivers innovative beamforming technology, enabling the router to strengthen the wireless signal to specific devices, rather than simply sending out a Wi-Fi signal in a general direction. Now you can experience faster network speeds, better wireless range, reduced interference from other devices, and stronger Wi-Fi connections.
- MU-MIMO-Ready for Simultaneous Gaming and Streaming
- While current Wireless-AC routers rely on single-use MIMO (multiple-input, multiple-output) technologies, the AC2400 is equipped to handle upcoming MU-MIMO (multi-user MIMO) capabilities. The AC2400 will be capable of handling heavy network traffic and high-bandwidth activities on multiple devices at the same time. This enhanced Wireless-AC technology standard, MU-MIMO effectively allows for simultaneous streaming and gaming on numerous devices with reduced speed degradation.
- Dual-Core CPU for High-Bandwidth Activities
- With the AC2400, you can enjoy enhanced speed and performance–whether you’re playing online games or streaming music or HD videos–thanks to the 1.4 GHz dual-core processor. This enterprise-class CPU revs up throughput to wired and wireless devices alike and promotes simultaneous high-speed processing, making it great for downloading or transferring large files or performing other data-intensive activities.
- Four High-Speed Performance Antennas and Dual-Band Wi-Fi Coverage
- To provide you with improved Wi-Fi coverage and performance, the AC2400 can reach speeds of up to N600 Mbps + AC1733 Mbps for reduced lag and buffering. Four external antennas project large, overlapping Wi-Fi patterns to remove dead spots and widen the router’s range. The antennas can be adjusted to just the right position or detached for future upgrades.
- Fast Wired Speeds
- For fast wired performance, the AC2400 comes equipped with four Gigabit Ethernet ports–which are 10 times faster than Fast Ethernet–to provide the fastest wired speeds. Using the USB 3.0 port, you can add external storage or other devices to share content across your network. For those with an external SATA storage device, the AC2400 is outfitted with a unique eSATA port for added convenience and optimal data transfer rates; it can also serve as a USB 2.0 port.