ASUS, AC1900 Dual-Band PCIe Wireless Adapter, PCE-AC68
The AC1900 Dual-Band PCIe Wireless Adapter from ASUS has 5th generation 802.11ac chipset which gives dual-band, 2.4/5GHz for speeds up to 1.30 Gb/s. Its flexible extended antenna placement helps you pinpoint the best reception in the environment. The wireless adapter also provides instant Wi-Fi upgrade for your desktop, thus no more messy Ethernet cables needed. Its high power design clears up dead zones with 150% greater coverage and custom heat sink dissipates heat for more stable and reliable non-stop operation.
- Fastest Wi-Fi Standard: 802.11ac
- The PCE-AC68 adapter uses Broadcom’s 5th generation Wi-Fi 802.11ac chipset to reach speeds of up to 1.3 Gb/s through the 5GHz band, which is three times faster than 802.11n Wi-Fi. At the same time, it maintains full backward compatibility with all previous Wi-Fi protocols, providing high performance two-way transmission while ensuring a smooth transition to 802.11ac and seamless interconnection with existing devices.
- Next-Generation Wi-Fi on Both Bands
- Broadcom TurboQAM hardware integrated on this adapter brings the speed benefits of next-generation 802.11ac Wi-Fi to both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands. At 600 Mb/s and 1.3 Gb/s respectively, they turn the PCE-AC68 into an AC1900 wireless adapter, providing speeds that cannot be bettered by generic wireless adapters. Connect the PCE-AC68 to ASUS networks to attain the very highest possible Wi-Fi speeds.
- Extend and Strengthen the Wireless Connection
- ASUS AiRadar intelligently strengthens wireless device connectivity using precise directional signal amplification for extended coverage, increased data-throughput speed, and enhanced stability. Wi-Fi-connection strength varies based on environment you are in, so the PCE-AC68 intelligently detects wireless router locations and ‘shapes’ data transmissions using three external antennas and high-powered beam-packing.
- No More Dead Zones with 150% Coverage
- Powerful two-way transmission and a signal-boosting high-gain design give the PCE-AC66 two-way transmission that extends Wi-Fi range and coverage by up to 150% compared to generic client devices. This extended reach means the elimination of many dead spots at any location, offering fast and uninterrupted HD streaming and smooth multiplayer gaming wherever you are.
- Flexible Extended Antenna Placement
- The three detachable antennas of the PCE-AC68 can be placed remotely via bundled extension cables. A magnetized stand also comes in the box, which can easily attach to various surfaces for more placement options. By making the antennas mobile, the design offers more flexibility in choosing locations for better signal reception and quality.
- Stylish Aluminum Heatsink Handles Heat for Extra Stability
- The added heatsink uses highly-conductive aluminum to remove heat from the chipset, ensuring greater reliability for non-stop operation. Lower temperatures translate into a more stable device in all climatatic conditions, even during hot summers, and greater stability means more consistent connectivity and longer product lifespan. Plus, the heat sink has been crafted for a stylish look, once more showing ASUS always goes beyond the spec.